Xaar, as the leader in digital inkjet technology, had a huge impact at last year’s Labelexpo and this year, the impact looks to be even bigger.
Over ten OEM’s will be supporting Xaar’s ‘Think Digital, Think Inkjet, Think Xaar!’ theme by demonstrating Xaar-enabled printers that clearly show the power and flexibility of inkjet and its impact in digital print. These include Atlantic Zeiser, Delta Industrial Services, Durst, EFI and FFEI/Nilpeter:
• Atlantic Zeiser (Hall 11 Q75) will be introducing the Gamma 70 full-colour inkjet printing module to the European label market. The printer opens up new possibilities for single-pass direct printing onto paper, film, metal and many other materials, producing photo-realistic production printing for labels, promotional items, ID cards and packaging
• The Delta Industrial Services (Hall 7 Stand N20) MOD-TECH® EDGE™ Laser Converting Machine with digital printing capability gives converters a flexible manufacturing solution for complex geometries, precision products and quick-changeover, coupled with high-quality flexo, screen or digital printing – all in the same machine. The machine will be equipped for 4-color digital printing on an 11 inch web
• The Durst (Hall 9 H75) TAU 150 UV inkjet printer reaches an industry leading throughput speed of close to 50m/minute, resulting in substantially improved return on investment for the label printer. The press prints on a variety of substrates and delivers repeatable image quality from the first to the last label and from run to run at the push of a button
• EFI (Hall 9 H50), one of the leaders in digital printing solutions, will have its largest booth ever and will show three Jetrion 4000 Series UV Inkjet Systems, various finishing options and the EFI digital workflow. The Jetrion 4000 series is the perfect fit for secondary label, industrial label or flexible packaging markets and can be used for many primary label applications. EFI will have some exciting new announcements at the show
• The FFEI/Nilpeter (Hall 7 L60 & L90) CASLON modular digital printer for labels and narrow web packaging printing, prints up to 50m/minute and combines high-quality digital printing with conventional printing and converting.
All the above machines use the industrial strength Xaar 1001 variable drop (greyscale) printhead. It is revolutionary in its design and ensures high reliability and productivity through its XaarDOT™ (Xaar Drop Optimisation Technology) capability and its TF Technology™ design. XaarDOT™ gives users the ability to select drop size or resolution depending on the application, image quality and substrate.
‘The increased number of Xaar-based inkjet printers showing at this years’ Labelexpo is a strong signal that inkjet can be both complementary and competitive to the existing technologies’, comments Phil Eaves, Sales and Marketing Director, Xaar. ‘The variety of applications running on different media demonstrates the flexibility of Xaar inkjet’.
Visit Xaar at the show in Hall 9, Stand F102. To find out more about Labelexpo Europe 2009 please visit http://www.labelexpo-europe.com
Xaar is the world’s leading supplier of industrial inkjet printheads, inks and peripheral equipment to commercial printing and industrial manufacturing markets. Xaar’s innovative technology offers OEM customers and licensees commercial advantage through product differentiation, productivity, and faster time-to-market. Additional information about Xaar is available at http://www.xaar.com
Image: an image is available to download directly from http://www.grafixwire.info/plogger/?level=picture&id=184 (click on image and right click to save as high res jpeg) or on request from firstname.lastname@example.org